Learning @ ISTM
Travel Medicine Teaching Slides: CHAPTER 3 - Travel Vaccines
- Non-Member - $50
- 5 Year Doctoral Level Member - $15
- 5 Year Non-Doctoral Level Member - $15
- Doctoral Level Members - $15
- Associate Doctoral Level Members - $15
- Retiree Doctoral Level Members - $15
- Non-Doctoral Level Members - $15
- Lifetime Retiree Doctoral Level Member - $15
- Associate Non-Doctoral Level Members - $15
- Retiree Non-Doctoral Level Members - $15
- Lifetime Retiree Non-Doctoral Level Member - $15
- Limited (Student/Trainee) Level Members - $15
- Special Associate Member - $15
- Staff/Administration - $15
- Hon. Lifetime Member - $15
The ISTM is pleased to present the expanded and updated 2017 version of the popular teaching presentation. The 189-slide PowerPoint slide set is now presented in four chapters - Chapter 1: Introduction to Travel Medicine; Chapter 2: Travel Topics and Special Conditions; Chapter 3: Travel Vaccines; Chapter 4: Vector-borne Diseases.
This product is Chapter 3 only. Each chapter can be purchased individually for 15 USD (Members) or 50 USD (Non-Members).
All 4 chapters can be purchased together for a reduced price - 40 USD (Members) or 175 USD (Non-Members) - by clicking here.
The original authors of the slideset are Eric Caumes, MD, Professor of Infectious and Tropical Diseases at the Hôpital Pitié-Salpêtrière in Paris, France, and Bradley A. Connor, MD, Director of the New York Center for Travel and Tropical Medicine, and Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, United States.
Since its inception in 2008 the slide set has undergone major updating several times. With each update, there is an extensive peer-review process by travel medicine practitioners from around the world.
In this new 2017 edition, Mary-Louise Scully, MD, Director, Travel and Tropical Medicine Center, Sansum Clinic, Santa Barbara, California, and Yen-Giang Bui MD, DTMH, Public Health Department CISSS Monteregie-Centre, Longueuil, Canada have undertaken an extensive update. The 2017 edition of the slide set has been peer-reviewed by The Professional Education Committee of ISTM and other key opinion leaders of ISTM from Australia, Canada, France, United Kingdom, South Africa, and the United States of America, ensuring the international relevance and applicability of the content.
The presentations are suitable for lecturing to both healthcare professionals and lay groups. Slides are grouped by subject area (e.g., Risk Assessment, Vaccines, Malaria, Travelers’ Diarrhea, Special Needs Travelers, Post-Travel Syndromes) for easy customization of lectures. Material and teaching points are international in scope, allowing the presenter to elaborate on specific local dosing and availability issues.
Copyright to the PowerPoint slides contained in the files titled Introduction to Travel Medicine, Travel Topics and Special Conditions, Travel Vaccines, and Vector-Borne Diseases are owned by the International Society of Travel Medicine. Individual purchasers of these slide sets are granted a license to use the slides under the following conditions:
- These slides are meant for the purchaser’s teaching and public speaking activities as a private individual only.
- No part of the slide sets may be used by, disseminated by, or posted in print or electronic format by institutions, corporations or other organizations. Licenses for purchase and distribution of multiple copies are negotiable with the ISTM.
- Individual purchasers may not share any part of the slide sets with any other individual, contained slides may be projected by that individual only or by an individual that is a direct subordinate or paid employee of the individual purchaser.
- Any or all slides may be shown at a single session.
- Each slide must be projected exactly as it appears in the slide set.
- No slide content may be altered in any way as each slide carries the seal of the ISTM.
- No partial slide content may be extracted from a slide and used in other presentations.
- The ISTM seal must not be removed from any slide, any use of the content must show the seal on every single slide used.