Learning @ ISTM
Travel Insurance and MedEvac: You see only what you look for
Recorded On: 02/12/2020
- Non-Member - $70
- 5 Year Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- 5 Year Non-Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Associate Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Retiree Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Lifetime Retiree Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Associate Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Retiree Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Lifetime Retiree Non-Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Limited (Student/Trainee) Level Members - Free!
- Special Associate Member - Free!
- Staff/Administration - Free!
- Hon. Lifetime Member - Free!
The prevention and management of vaccine and non-vaccine preventable infectious diseases attract the lion's share of the attention of many travel health providers, often to the detriment of their travelling clientele. Many other important aspects of travel health are at least as important, including medical evacuations ("medevacs") and how to pay for them... Albie de Frey started his career in travel medicine as the medical director of an air ambulance company based in Africa, converting a few years later to travel medicine when he realized that many of his air ambulance patients should not have fallen ill or have gotten injured in the first place - and that travel insurance and medical evacuation has a series of short comings and pitfalls for the unwary. His presentation will provide a concise overview of important factors to consider when choosing travel insurance and a sober overview of the pitfalls of medical evacuations in practice.