Learning @ ISTM
The Future of Travel Medicine: Making Telehealth Work for your Practice
Recorded On: 10/07/2020
- Non-Member - $70
- 5 Year Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- 5 Year Non-Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Associate Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Retiree Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Lifetime Retiree Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Associate Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Retiree Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Lifetime Retiree Non-Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Limited (Student/Trainee) Level Members - Free!
- Special Associate Member - Free!
- Staff/Administration - Free!
- Hon. Lifetime Member - Free!
The COVID-19 pandemic is turning out to be a protracted battle, but at the same time has been an opportunity for health care practitioners to adopt telehealth services more rapidly than previously projected. Recent policy changes in various countries have reduced barriers to telehealth access and many professional medical societies have provided practice guidance in this evolving landscape. While telemedicine allows providers to care for patients during the pandemic, on-going and effective use of telemedicine allows more patients to receive care in an increasingly mobile world. In this symposium, we will get practical tips from experts with first-hand experience using telehealth on how to choose the software best adapted for your practice, how to use strategies such as video triaging or interviewing of patients to complement in-person consultations. Billing considerations as well as liability insurance will also be discussed.