Learning @ ISTM
Monkeypox: What You Need to Know
Recorded On: 07/13/2022
- Non-Member - Free!
- 5 Year Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- 5 Year Non-Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Associate Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Retiree Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Lifetime Retiree Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Associate Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Retiree Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Lifetime Retiree Non-Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Limited (Student/Trainee) Level Members - Free!
- Special Associate Member - Free!
- Staff/Administration - Free!
- Hon. Lifetime Member - Free!
Title: Monkeypox: What You Need to Know
Date: Wednesday, 13 July 2022
Time: 09.00 AM EDT UTC-04 (The webinar is approximately 90 minutes)
To check your time zone, go to the time and date website: Here
Registration Fee: Complimentary to members and non-members, but you must register to attend. If you are not a member and wish to attend, you can create a free profile here, but membership is always encouraged as it is the most beneficial.
With the end of COVID-19 related restrictions in many countries, increased travel and social gatherings (concerts, festivals etc.), an unexpected outbreak of monkeypox in non-endemic countries has reminded us that continuous monitoring for emerging or reemerging diseases is essential. Come join our experts in discussing the latest epidemiological data, learn more about the clinical aspects particular to this outbreak, review treatment modalities and vaccine developments.
PEC Chair: Dr. Sarah Kohl
PEC Co-Chair: Dr. Yen Bui
GeoSentinel: David Hamer, MD, Surveillance Lead, GeoSentinel network, ISTM, Center for Emerging Infectious Disease Research and Policy, Boston University
Moderator: Dr. Robert Steffen, Emeritus Professor, University of Zurich, Switzerland
• Rosamund Lewis, MDCM, MSc, FRCP
Head, WHO Smallpox Secretariat
Emerging Diseases and Zoonoses Unit, World Health Emergencies Programme
WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
• Sapha Barkati, MD, MSc
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, McGill University, Quebec, Canada
• Aurelia Vessiere, PhD
Deputy Director, Pandemic Threats Program
Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND)
• Marion Gruber, PhD, MS
Vice President, Public Health and Regulatory Science
International AIDS Vaccines Initiative (IAVI)
By the end of this webinar, the attendee will be able to:
• Summarize the epidemiological characteristics of the current outbreak
• Discuss the clinical aspects of cases and recognize clues for early detection
• Apply the latest recommendations for testing and treatment
• Review the latest data on vaccine development, their indications, safety, and efficacy
Who Should Attend:
• Infectious Disease Practitioners – Doctors, Nurses, and Pharmacists
• Travel Health Practitioners – Doctors, Nurses, and Pharmacists
• Public Health Practitioners
• Family Medicine Practitioners
• Any others who care for travelers and migrants
I was finally able to get in.
The speakers were great. Thank you for hosting this event.
For those who missed the beginning because of the technical error, we are recording the webinar and it will be posted in the next day or two. We will also post the speakers presentations. Thank you for understanding. We sincerely apologize.
We apologize for the technical issues. Please use the new link to join.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile :
US: +13126266799,,81539492859#,,,,*380407# or +16469313860,,81539492859#,,,,*380407#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 931 3860 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 444 9171 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 Webinar ID: 815 3949 2859
International numbers available: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kofNtGODq
I am registered for this event however cannot view the livestream (have been attempting for the last 35 minutes). I keep getting error messages when attempting to view via dashboard. When I attempt to view via the Zoom link I get a message stating the host is in another meeting. Can you please assist?
My access is denied. Please let me enter meeting. Ruthfam5@gmail.com
I was registered to this event but don't have the permission to join(?). Could this be just a technical error?
I have been trying to log in since 5 minutes before start time and have been receiving permission denied access for last 10 minutes ---
Não se consegue aceder
Is this event in progress? I cannot enter.
Has the meeting started?