Learning @ ISTM
Getting Out from the COVID-19 Pandemic: Towards a Safe and Effective Vaccine
Recorded On: 12/09/2020
- Non-Member - Free!
- 5 Year Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- 5 Year Non-Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Associate Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Retiree Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Lifetime Retiree Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Associate Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Retiree Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Lifetime Retiree Non-Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Limited (Student/Trainee) Level Members - Free!
- Special Associate Member - Free!
- Staff/Administration - Free!
- Hon. Lifetime Member - Free!
Per the Executive Board decision to make COVID-19-related content free to access, this webinar is free to attend live with on-demand access for 365 days. If you are not a member of ISTM and wish to register for this webinar, please select "Login", above, then click "Register" and choose the "Non-Member" designation in the dropdown menu.
Availability of a safe and effective vaccine for COVID-19 is widely recognized as an important tool to control the pandemic. Globally, we have seen unprecedented efforts to develop, evaluate and produce vaccines against the virus at an enormous scale and speed.
In this session, our experts will review the most promising vaccine candidates, discuss the challenges in ensuring safety and efficacy in clinical trials and beyond, as well as implementation strategies to reach the most vulnerable, high risk populations. This webinar is eligible for 1 hour of Continuing Professional Development credit after completion.
By the end of this webinar, the attendee should be able to:
1. Identify the most promising vaccines against COVID-19;
2. Discuss the latest data on vaccine safety and efficacy;
3. Review the best strategies for reaching high-risk populations.