Learning @ ISTM
2022 21st CTH® Exam Application
- Registration Closed
The CTH® certificate recognizes professionals who have demonstrated expertise in the unique Body of Knowledge associated with travel medicine care and consultation.
ISTM will offer its 21st Certificate of Knowledge™ in Travel Medicine as a virtual examination via the ProctorU live proctoring service via webcam. During the application process, applicants must select ONE day and time (in New York, EDT, UTC-4) to sit for the Exam.
Non-ISTM Members must create ISTM profiles to apply and register for this event. Click here to create your profile then submit your application through the member application link.
The deadline to apply to take the exam is 22 march 2022.
When completing the exam application, please be prepared to select ONE specified date & time (New York, EDT, UTC-4):
1. Tuesday, 29 Mach 2022, 4:00 am EDT (UTC-4)
2. Wednesday, 30 Mach 2022, 4:00 pm EDT (UTC-4)
3. Thursday, 31 Mach 2022, 10:00 am EDT (UTC-4)
Please note that there are 3 REQUIRED components to this exam application. You must complete all 3 components in order for your application to be considered:
1. Applicant Questionnaire
2. Terms of Service (TOS) Acknowledgement
3. Photo Identification Upload
In order to use ProctorU for the CTH® Exam, you will need ALL of the items below:
1. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser (Microsoft Explorer and Apple Safari are not supported)
2. High-speed internet connection (hard-wired preferred)
3. Webcam (internal or external)
4. Windows or Apple operating system
5. Government issued photo ID
6. Please register for ProctorU using the same email address you use for the exam application as it will simplify the tracking and grading process.
7. For complete requirements, visit ProctorU: https://www.proctoru.com/live-...
1. For test-takers whose first language is not English, ProctorU has been instructed to allow test-takers to use Google translate services if necessary. (https://translate.google.com/)
2. You are allowed a short bio break between the four exam sections.
3. If you need special accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Candidate Bulletin
2. Exam Instructions
3. ProctorU Instructions
4. CTH® Mark Use Policy
1. For those unable to take the CTH® online, an in-person Exam will be planned when it's safe to meet in large groups.
2. Once your application has been reviewed and accepted, you will receive two emails: (1) You will receive an email from ISTM with your exam packet that includes complete instructions and (2) You will receive an email from ProctorU to complete your testing reservation and to test your equipment. Please do not wait until the day of the exam to test your equipment as technical issues could cause delays or cancellation of your exam and score.
3. In effort to continually align with best practices, The 2022 21st ISTM Certificate of Knowledge Exam will be composed of 220 questions instead of the traditional 200 questions. The additional 20 items will be unscored and will not impact your exam score. These unscored items are embedded throughout the exam to assess their statistical characteristics and viability as future scored items.
4. Scoring: Please note that you will NOT receive a score immediately after taking the exam. Pass/Fail information will be emailed after the psychometricians have reviewed all of the completed exams. Please be patient as grading may take 8 to 10 weeks. In the interim, neither this system nor the ISTM Secretariat will have pass/fail information.