Learning @ ISTM
2021 20th CTH® Exam Application
- Registration Closed
The CTH® certificate recognizes professionals who have demonstrated expertise in the unique Body of Knowledge associated with travel medicine care and consultation.
ISTM will offer its 20th Certificate of Knowledge™ in Travel Medicine as a virtual examination via the ProctorU live proctoring service via webcam. During the application process, applicants must select ONE day and time (in New York, EDT, UTC-4) to sit for the Exam.
Non-ISTM Members must create ISTM profiles to apply and register for this event. Click here to create your profile then submit your application through the member application link.
When completing the exam application, please be prepared to select ONE specified date & time (New York, EDT, UTC-4):
1. Tuesday, 26 October 2021, 4:00 am EDT (UTC-4)
2. Wednesday, 27 October 2021, 10:00 pm EDT (UTC-4)
3. Thursday, 28 October 2021, 10:00 am EDT (UTC-4)
Please note that there are 3 REQUIRED components to this exam application. You must complete all 3 components in order for your application to be considered:
1. Applicant Questionnaire
2. Terms of Service (TOS) Acknowledgement
3. Photo Identification Upload
In order to use ProctorU for the CTH® Exam, you will need ALL of the items below:
1. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser (Microsoft Explorer and Apple Safari are not supported)
2. High-speed internet connection (hard-wired preferred)
3. Webcam (internal or external)
4. Windows or Apple operating system
5. Government issued photo ID
6. Please register for ProctorU using the same email address you use for the exam application as it will simplify the tracking and grading process.
7. For complete requirements, visit ProctorU: https://www.proctoru.com/live-...
8. Once you have created a ProctorU account, please go to your account and select your day and time for the exam. You will sign-in to ProctorU on the day of the exam and your proctor will provide you with the link to the examination.
1. For test-takers whose first language is not English, ProctorU has been instructed to allow test-takers to use Google translate services if necessary. (https://translate.google.com/)
2. You are allowed a short bio break between the four exam sections.
1. ProctorU Instructions
2. Exam Instructions
3. Candidate Bulletin
4. CTH® Mark Use Policy
1. For those unable to take the CTH® online, an in-person Exam will be planned when it's safe to meet in large groups.
2. After your exam application has been completed and your registration has been confirmed with ISTM, we recommend that you visit ProctorU (https://go.proctoru.com) and create an account to test your equipment prior to your exam. Simply click on the “Test My Equipment” button located at the top of the screen. Please make sure that you are using the most current version of your browser and have downloaded the ProctorU extension available here for Chrome and here for Firefox.
3. Scoring: Please note that you will NOT receive a score immediately after taking the exam. Pass/Fail information will be emailed after the psychometricians have reviewed all of the completed exams. Please be patient as grading may take 6 to 8 weeks. In the interim, neither this system nor the ISTM Secretariat will have pass/fail information.