Learning @ ISTM
UPDATE - Getting Out from the COVID-19 Pandemic: Towards a Safe and Effective Vaccine
Recorded On: 03/17/2021
- Non-Member - Free!
- 5 Year Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- 5 Year Non-Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Associate Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Retiree Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Lifetime Retiree Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Associate Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Retiree Non-Doctoral Level Members - Free!
- Lifetime Retiree Non-Doctoral Level Member - Free!
- Limited (Student/Trainee) Level Members - Free!
- Special Associate Member - Free!
- Staff/Administration - Free!
- Hon. Lifetime Member - Free!
Per the Executive Board decision to make COVID-19-related content free to access, this webinar is free to attend live with on-demand access for 365 days. If you are not a member of ISTM and wish to register for this webinar, please select "Login", above, then click "Register" and choose the "Non-Member" designation in the dropdown menu.
Please join us for a follow-up webinar to discuss updated status of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout and trials around the world.
Less than a year since the start of the pandemic, efficacious vaccines are already available against COVID-19, a testament to unprecedented international collaboration. However, scaling up production to vaccinate billions of people has been an enormous challenge, resulting in uneven vaccine roll-out. Paradoxically, concerns about adverse events have also deepened vaccine hesitancy in many developed and LMIC countries. Emerging variants of concern are another challenge facing vaccine development and implementation.
In this webinar, our experts will bring you up-to-date on the latest research as well as discuss solutions in getting vaccines to populations around the world. More than ever, all countries need to work together to bring this pandemic under control.
By the end of this webinar, the attendee should be able to:
- Review the latest data on vaccine efficacy and safety;
- Review the latest data on the virus variant and their effects on vaccine efficacy/progression of the pandemic;
- Discuss strategies to optimize vaccine roll-out and recognize the importance of vaccinating LMIC populations in order to bring the pandemic under control.
Who Should Attend:
- Infectious Disease Practitioners – Doctors, Nurses, and Pharmacists
- Travel Health Practitioners – Doctors, Nurses and Pharmacists
- Public Health Practitioners
- Family medicine practitioners
- Any others who care for travellers